Welcome to The Arches Community Primary School! We are delighted that you are considering our school as the place for your child to begin their learning journey and would like to provide you with as much information as we can at this stage. Below are the pathways to entry but if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our headmistress directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to have any queries or questions answered about starting with us and joining our purple family.
At The Arches, your child's first point of entry will be into our Foundation Stage Two class following their fourth birthday. Places here at school are also available in other year groups if your child chooses to join higher up the school or during an academic year.
To apply for a place for September 2022, click https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/education-and-learning/school-admissions/school-admissions.aspx
To apply for a place if you are changing schools mid year, click https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/education-and-learning/school-admissions/object-to-school-admission-arr/in-year-school-transfers/in-year-school-transfers.aspx
Alternatively, please telephone the admissions office on 0300 123 7039.
Foundation Stage Two (FS2)
Children wishing to join our Reception clas should have had their fourth birthday by the 31st August in the year in which they are wishing to join. Prospective families are invited to visit our FS2 class and the wider school to allow you to see what makes us a special place for your child's education and how we provide an excellent and secure foundation. During this visit, families will be able to see the exciting, fun and child-centred environment that engages, motivates and entertains children to further their progress and development. Staff work hard to provide enabling environments that stimulate, excite and intrigue the children so that they are curious to see and do more. All these experiences help to shape their indivdual development and build the foundations for future success, wellbeing and lifelong learning.
On entry, we expect your child to be able to;
- recognise and write their own name
- know the alphabet
- feed themselves, using cutlery to do so
- blow their own nose
- dress themselves, primarily being able to put on and take off their coat by zipping/unzipping this item
- recognise and take care of their own personal belongings (water bottle, rucksack etc)
- use the toilet effectively and be able to tell an adult when this is needed, NOT wearing nappies or requiring potty training
- wash and dry their hands independently
- use language, objects and gestures to express themselves if they need something
- make observations and communicate ideas through comments and questions
- join in with nursery rhymes, songs and repetitive sections of stories
- hold a pencil, crayon or felt tip to make different marks
- understand basic rules and safety measures to keep them safe
By accepting a place for your child at The Arches, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions in terms of acceptable behaviour and conduct, both pupils and parents, and agreeing to support 'The Arches way' which forms our school rules and our discipline and behavioural policies.
We very much look forward to hearing from you.